Fido doesn’t want the overly processed foods and treats any more than we do. Spoil your loveable mutt with some delicious, homemade, cheap, and super easy dog treats that they will love more than anything you can get in a box or bag! This recipe is dog approved, the pups will actually sniff around for more! Plus, liver is incredibly good for your pooch:
- Liver is packed with nutrition for your pet, such as Vitamin A and K, plus various B Vitamins including Folic Acid.
- Liver is also packed with iron and beneficially enzymes.
- It is rich in protein and is naturally grain-free!
By dehydrating these goodies, you aren’t cooking “out” the good ingredients. You are preserving them in its natural form but giving it a longer shelf life. Plus, at the store – I’ve seen packs of dehydrated dog liver treats sell for $15 a container and some have a bunch of weird additives added into it. By making the liver treats this way, you will know exactly what you are giving to your pup.
But of course, as will any treat – do not over feed your dog with this goodie since it has a high vitamin A content. No more than a couple a day is plenty, and your dog will savor every bite.
One Ingredient Homemade Beef Liver Dog Treats
1 grass-fed beef liver, diced into bite sized pieces
2. Put the dehydrator on 150 degrees and allow to dehydrate for 5 to 7 hours – depending on how large the pieces are. Cook until they resemble jerky.
3. Store in an airtight container and reward your pooch!
Other Great Doggie Resources & Treats
I’ve always feed my pets a diet of raw food and bones, but if you’re not quite ready to make that transition, I recommend that in the very least you buy organic pet food. I am also a huge fan of this brand of dog food and this brand as they both contain dehydrated raw food for optimal nutrition in a grain-free formula. These treats are also fantastic. For a more budget friendly dog food option, this kind is a great choice.
For a raw food diet, please check out my post here for Real Food Dogs as well as following books:
For other great real food resources and products, visit the Girl Meets Nourishment Shopping Guide here!